THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Heavy Shot varmint Bullets.....

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heavy Shot varmint Bullets.....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted
Have any of you tried the .224" Heavy Shot HP varmint bullets?

They say they are as short as a 50 grainer but since the heavy shot weighs more than lead they weigh 70 grains. I'm alittle confused about what's actually inside of the jacket? Surely they didn't just put some shot pellets in mixed w/ something?

Here's the link:

http://www.hevishot.com/products_dead_coyote_bullets.html

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManCannon
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a Glaser Safety Slug for varmint shooting thumbdown

"The atomic bomb made the prospect of future war unendurable. It has led us up those last few steps to the mountain pass; and beyond there is a different country." - J. Robert Oppenheimer

Posts: 385 | Location: Midwestern Corn Desert | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They call them "pelt-saving" which they probably are...

AllanD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
According to what I read, they require a 1-10 twist or faster. If so, then they are not as short as a 50 grainer. My guess is they won't shoot well in my 1-12 twist guns.

SBB

Posts: 250 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess I won't be shooting them in my 1:12" barrel...

AllanD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote