THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Ball Powders....too many issues?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ball Powders....too many issues?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I was going to a very hot climate to hunt, I think I would do some load developing with the powders that are available today that are less sensitive to temperature swings; better for the 100 degree days. And I'd probably settle on a lower pressure, accurate load to use for the hunting trip just to be safe.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
AC. You couldn't pay me enough to shoot at Black Canyon at any time of year, and especially so in the summer. people where I like call any part of the Phoenix area HELL cuz it's so damned hot.
last Saturday, they recorded 98 degrees at the Tucson airport. At the same time, it was 102 at my house and out at the Three Points Rifle range just a half hour earlier it was 105 in the shade at the time I left.
We had a Hunter Ed range day and it's my job to run the rifle range portion. Even under the covered shooting sites it got a tad miserable by 10 AM and we were glad it was done by 12:30. it wouldn't have been so bad if there'd been a bit of a breeze but I swear it stayed dead calm for the whole session which started at 7 in the morning. I made up a gallon of Gatorade just in case and it was all gone by 11. I hate that stuff but I have a lot of trouble with the heat and just plain water makes me ill for some reason. I'm looking forward to the upcoming fall when shooting will be more pleasureful.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote