New
Find
Notify
Tools

Krico
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What seems to be the issue with the Krico rifles here in the US??

There has been one in a LGS for over a year in 222 Remington Magw/double set triggers and no interest. The rifle appears to be extremely well made Imported by Tradewinds--By looking it models a Sako action.

Jim

"Today is the 1st Day, of the Rest of Your Life"

Posts: 160 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Pop has a Krico 222 Remington with a Mannlicher style stock. Double triggers and 21" barrel, he loves it. It's made in West Germany. It's a neat rifle and it shoots great.

Posts: 130 | Location: mo | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well made, German-crafted rifles. I think that they're just not well-known due to weak promotion by the importer, back when there was an importer. The Kricos imported by Tradewinds a few decades ago were really not very similar to a Sako, other than in general quality. Prior to building their own actions Krico made small calibers on the miniature Mauser Brno action which later morphed into the CZ 527 action. Later, Krico made its own action. Both actions usually came with double set triggers -- a highly desirable feature which most American hunters are unaccustomed to and which they therefore tend to avoid.

Krico is still in business and still producing rifles, although their line is now very different from the 60's and 70's when Tradewinds was importing them. See www.krico.de/‎ Today they are priced well above what the U.S. market would tolerate so I suspect there is very little chance of an importer taking them on.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote