THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Blue Dot and the 50 Caliber Barrett...

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blue Dot and the 50 Caliber Barrett...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
homer

Made ya look!!! banana

BOOM

troll

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
shame This joke is in the wrong forum, you should have posted in the .50 forum.

But you did get me.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

banana

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of littlecanoe
posted Hide Post
Go BANG.....Fall down......... CRYBABY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gidday Seafire,

You got me there. I thought holy mackerell that boy is doing it again. I was talking to a young guy just saturday about wanting cheap loads for his 44mag Rossi carbine and I told him to get on this sight and join then send you a PM with regard to blue dot loads with 300 gr molded wheel weights.

We'll see if he takes my advise. The poor chap is probably out there looking for something with a little more range as we were on a goat cull and he didn't get a shot all weekend. My closest shot was 200m approx with the .222rem so the 44 was pissing in the wind.

Happy Hunting

Hamish

Posts: 588 | Location: christchurch NZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
seafire,
I got excited there for a moment!

Any chance of a reminder of what the "rules" are when working up Blue Dot loads in a cartridge?
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any chance of a reminder of what the "rules" are when working up Blue Dot loads in a cartridge?

Okay Con...

in a 22.250 sized case, or a 308 sized case...60 % of a full overflowing at the brim should be max...

in an 06 sized case, it is 50 % of the max overflowing at the brim...

Mag cases.. like the 7mm Rem, 300 Win, etc... work up to the 50 % rule... WSM short mag cases are more forgiving.. Blue Dot seems to have an affinity for short and fat...

444 cases and 45/70 cases...
use 44 Rem Mag specs for the 444, and 45 Long Colt, heavy loads for the 45/70.. work up from there...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thumb
seafire,
Just keep finding new applications for Blue Dot. Now in a 222Rimmed AI Martini Cadet with 40gr WMRF projectile.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of K20350
posted Hide Post
Seafire you must buy Railcars full of that stuff!!!!!!! Alliant must send you christmas cards! clap

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K20350:
Seafire you must buy Railcars full of that stuff!!!!!!! Alliant must send you christmas cards! clap

Not really, a 5lber of it lasts a good while..
But can never have enough on hand...

Alliant doesn't send me christmas cards.. but I did get a request from their head tech guy asking about some of my work with it...

I sent them some for ego purposes.. but yeah, like they would give someone like me any credit for the work I did with their powder...

Ain't holding my breathe on that one!