Notify
Tools

SAEED AND THE FN P90
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BER007
posted
Hi Saeed,

On surfing on your rifle collection I have seen that you own a FN P90.

I'm green of envy

In Belgium and in other countries is forbidden to have this weapon. What is you way to have one of this P90?

As it is very rare to meet owner of this weapon can I have your comments on this?

Accuracy, penetration, good or bad gun,...
Do you shoot regularly with this gun?
Have you ammos for this?

Many thanks for you reply.

------------------
BER007
Keep the faith in any circumstances
------------------------
BBER007@HOTMAIL.COM

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Vibe
posted Hide Post
Great. I'll take all the empty brass anyone would care to send my way (within limits, LOL, I'm sure a P90 can really spit em out). I've already done a 22LR sized wildcat on the 25ACP, and would like to do a 22 Magnum sized centerfire as well based on the 5,7x28FN case.

Posts: 211 | Location: Little Rock, AR. USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<HHI 812>
posted
Buddy sent me some of the spent brass, and they are small! Seems smaller than even the Hornet! Wanted a BOZ case for the longest time, and RCBS said they would sell me the brass, Barsto who was making the barrel, didn't want to sell me a barrel, unless I was LEO or military. Jarvis said he could make me a barrel, but would cost me $3000! Didn't want it that bad!

one of us
Picture of Vibe
posted Hide Post
$3000??? Is he nuts?? OK, I can understand his wanting to avoid the liability, but unless you are going to be loading it with the same LEO Only armor piercing slugs as the factory ammo, I just don't see it. For all intents and purposes you could get just about ANY 22 caliber centerfire barrel and accomplish the goal you want. If it's already chambered to a round that has the same length neck and similar shoulder angle all you would have to do is set it back and enlarge the body to match that of the BOZ. If it's not chambered then a one off reamer can (relatively) easily be ground from an inexpensive chucking reamer. Neither of these options would come anywhere near that price tag. When I first tryed to prototype my 22 Epperson Cricket from the 25ACP, my first barrel was chambered using 3 separate reamers, a 0.250 straight chucking reamer, a 0.278 straight chrucking reamer. and a 5 degree taper reamer to throat it with. This barrel DID work, even with the 0.007 non-concentricity of diameters. I later had a carbide reamer made valued at around $60. The BOZ is also based on a necked down straight walled pistol case so I really do not see the problem. All the write-ups I've seen on that round show that it is the boltface that takes a beating, not the barrel.

Posts: 211 | Location: Little Rock, AR. USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
BER007,

I was given this gun by a friend. He also gave me some ammo, and we shot one box of it.

We have not tried it for accuracy or penetration, just shot it.

I was thinking of using the empties for some small caliber wildfcats one day.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 68796 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BER007
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Thanks for the reply. Is it possible for me to know your friend too . I'd love to have that gun and ammos .

------------------
BER007
Keep the faith in any circumstances
------------------------
BBER007@HOTMAIL.COM

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HHI 812:
... Wanted a BOZ case for the longest time, and RCBS said they would sell me the brass...

Does RCBS (or anybody) have the BOZ with the correct headstamp? I would like a couple (loaded or empty) for my collection.
the_captn

Posts: 238 | Location: earth | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote