THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    105gr A-Max for 9" Twist .243

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

105gr A-Max for 9" Twist .243
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Chris Parkin
posted
I have a Remy PSS in 243 with a 9" twist barrel. According to Hornady the 105 gr A-Max should work in this barrel but does anybody have any experience with it......do you have a load suggestion? Any ideas appreciated.

Posts: 63 | Location: Yorkshire, England | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not yet, I am planning on trying it in 6mm Rem. I have a friend that really likes this bullet in a 243AI he has though.

Posts: 527 | Location: Tennessee U.S.A. | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
POst that ? here-- http://www.longrangehunting.com Lot's of guys there that shoot that bullet.

Steve

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Suggest you try Reloder 22 . Gives excellent velocity with heavy bullets in the .243 .
Have heard that the 105 A Max can be excellent if you sort them by ogive length ? Apparently they're inconsistent . Haven't got the tools or patience for this myself . I thought that given the "A" is supposed to be for "accuracy" that they should do that at the factory .
Some say that VLD bullets like the 105 A Max must be seated into the lands . This rules out using the magazine on Rem. short actions . Frowner
Have a look on 6mmBR.com

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote