THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: Mauser M96 Straight Pulls-Reports please.

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Mauser M96 Straight Pulls-Reports please.
 Login/Join

posted
Far Canel!
Dont buy one! If you do then you have bought yourself alot of trouble. I had one in 6,5x55 a couple of years ago, and already when I started to shoot with it I realised that I had alot of problems with this gun. The system was pourly fitted into the stock, I corrected that problem but still got problem with the precision, couldn�t get any groups under 2,5 inches at 100 yards. And I tried alot of different types of amos, self loaded and fabrics.
When i was at the range to practice a little with the gun, then the trigger got stucked!!!! That�s it, then i returned the gun back to the dealer.

/ Twinn

Posts: 18 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm quite familiar with the 6.5x55 caliber, owning 3 Swedish mauser M96s which I love dearly. All are good
shooters. Afew years back I purchased a Remington Classic also in 6.5x55. It didn't take long to become
my favorite rifle. With a strong modern action you can really beef this bugger up a ways. It's very
accurate and recoil is mild. I use it for moose here in Canada with the 160gr. SPSP. It does it's work in
the boiler room which is what I want it to do, not pass through the animal like my magnums and go off
into the sunset. I was dismayed at some of the comments on the Mauser rifle. I had heard it was quite
good, maybe not. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote