THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Using a Comparator for first time

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Using a Comparator for first time
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As a novice hand loader I always try and do things better, some guy named Montdoug tells me I need to start using the Sinclair Comp. So I order one set of them for all of my calbers and last evening was the acid test.
By about the 15th time that thing fell out of my calipers in to the floor, I was ready to take it over to his place and shove so far up his ass, it would look like he brought it home from Vietnam.

So I went out today and bought a new caliper with shorter grips, seems to hold the thing in place much better, re measured the 30 rounds that I made last night and wrote down all the numbers.
Hopefully will make some sense at the range tomorrow when I blast off all those 222 rounds.
Regards greg

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HE did it...He Did it...I can't believe he really did it...animal.
Got another one on the ole "Sinclair Comparator" trick...Har-Har-Har!!! animal
Actually I've used em for years but then it does take a "modicum" of basic coordination, bout 6 year old level Big Grin.
As my man Clint Eastwood said in "Dirty Harry", "A man's gotta know his limitations" animal.

"If a man buys a rifle at a gun show and his wife doesn't know it"...Did he really buy a rifle?
Firearm Philosophy 101. montdoug

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doug,

Actually....Hal Holbrook first said it in Magnum Force.

Geez.....I'm old....... Frowner

Kevin

Posts: 412 | Location: The Republic Of Texas, USA | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I must have forgot that Kevin, I hear the memory is the second thing that goes CRYBABY.
Just kidding Big Grin.

"If a man buys a rifle at a gun show and his wife doesn't know it"...Did he really buy a rifle?
Firearm Philosophy 101. montdoug

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote