THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Hot core and Seafire, do either of you get the magazine "Precision Shooting".

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hot core and Seafire, do either of you get the magazine "Precision Shooting".
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
There's a great article written in the December issue called "Stalking the .20 Caliber Wildcats". It's written by a professional writer that started out with an open mind and ended up a convert (has a tendency to happen).
If ya read the article ya might recognize someones name in it. (a little hint, he's a bona-fide small caliber junkie).

"If a man buys a rifle at a gun show and his wife doesn't know it"...Did he really buy a rifle?
Firearm Philosophy 101. montdoug

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Doug,

I don't subscribe to it, but I am pretty sure I have thumbed thru them a couple of times on the mag rack at Wally World.. I'll have to check out one a little closer my next trip over...

heck, I might even buy one for once!

Most of the time, I don't even buy gun mags anymore.. as you see an article in one, and then 5 years later, you read the same article in another magazine owned by the same publisher...

I'll keep an eye out for it...

cheers
seafire
beer

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Montdoug:
...a great article written in the December issue...
Used to subscribe to PS a l-o-n-g time ago, back when MOS2 was just being tried. But, I've not seen one in a very long time.

I've nothing against a 20cal - except - my old hands have a hard enough time getting 22cal Bullets into a Case. I've had my fun with Wildcats, but just don't "need" them anymore. I do have a 5mm Blue Streak, but it is a Standard, not a Wildcat. Wink

Our old buddy Varmint Guy was a strong advocate of the 204Rug and heaped lots of praise on it. A lot of great information was lost when he got tossed off the Board because of very foul language. Darn shame that he didn't even try to control his choice of words.

So, I don't have a clue as to who could have written the article. Is the guy a known "Head Shooter"? moon

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[quote]So, I don't have a clue as to who could have written the article. Is the guy a known "Head Shooter"? moon
Now that's harsh!! lol
Known butt shooter actually! lefty

Totally gratuitous and self serving question, sorry.
The article was written by a bench rest shooter and freelance writer who writes regularly for "Precision Shooting". He started the article to research the number of .20 caliber wildcats springing up and ended up a convert owning a couple of em. In the process of his research he made the acquaintance of three of my small caliber wildcatter friends and myself and we are quoted directly in the article. No biggie, lots of wildcatters out there.
For the varminting needs I have the .20's are pretty tough to beat.
Sorry about your hands my friend, hope it's not arthritis. Got it in a number of places and sure wish I didn't.

"If a man buys a rifle at a gun show and his wife doesn't know it"...Did he really buy a rifle?
Firearm Philosophy 101. montdoug

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by montdoug:
Known butt shooter actually! lefty ..
That is just as bad. thumbdownEven worse if he is aiming at the "correct" end.

Seafire mentioned seeing them in his Wal-Mart, so I'll take a look and see if our's has them. Any tidbits you can toss in here, or I'd guess it is too long?
-----

The "old" hands still wiggle without pain, just seem to drop things more often. Absolutely must use Correll dishes or the breakage cost would be way too high. Wink

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No PS at the local Wal-Mart, but there were a bnch of Shooting related Gun Rags. I really had no idea so many had been created.

So, I don't know who the author was. As I sit here thinking about it, there is only one or maybe two at the most Gun Rag writers (that are still alive) that seem to be worth reading to me.

Saw a reference to Gary Sitton being dead the other day. I'd forgotten he was gone. Darn shame.