THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Remington LVSF barrel question

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington LVSF barrel question
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all,
Just bought on sale a new LVSF .17 Rem at the local store. Great little rifle Smiler.
On the left side of the barrel there is a XX stamped, my other Remington (BDL) doesn't have the double X stamp. Isn't the double X a mark used by Douglas on their premium barrels? Since, from what I hear, the composite stocks on this model are not produced by Remington I'm wondering if the barrels are manufactured by another company as well, which could explain the high MSRP.
Does anybody know.
Thank you.

Posts: 24 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 28 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know but I'll bet if you call Remington they will tell you what the XX designates.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote