THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Finally a good combo with Hybrid 100, and 25-06

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally a good combo with Hybrid 100, and 25-06
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The Barnes manual suggests that with the 80gr TTSX Hybrid 100 can produce a good load in 25-06, and I found a sweet spot at 57gr.
This went into my partners Vanguard so we can go deer hunting for the 2nd last week of our Alberta season. The rest of the load is new Rem. brass, Fed 210 match primer. I should have adjusted the trigger before I went to the range and I had shoot through his fixed 6X scope, but I did get a fine 1/2 inch group and right at 1.5 inches high at 100 yards. Started the test at 55.5 and went up 1/2 a gr to 57.5. FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
57 grains gives 3690 fps in my Howa 25-06 and 80 TTSX bullets. They shoot well and worked well on my two antelope this year.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote