New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ramshot TAC in 22-250?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody shooting this? I am shooting 55 gr. flat base spitzers, the book shows 33 gr,max. for just under 3600 fps. I loaded and shot today and had to go to 36.5 gr. to get 3550 fps. No "signs" of pressure. I went up to 37 with velocity at 3625. 3550 is about where I want to be. I have 1000 pcs. of new brass and bullets to load for a prairie dog shoot in about 3 weeks so I need to get busy. What do you guys think?
Thanks

Posts: 206 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
This is probably not much help, but I started using Ramshot Big Game in my 22-250 with the 55 gr. pills last year. 39.0 grs. will shoot .5" out of my little Savage at right at 3600 fps. or a little more.

Good Hunting,

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted Hide Post
The reality is only your gun and bullets will tell you if that load is any good. If the 36.5 is grouping then I would say it works for you.

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote