New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem VSF rifle in .223
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Considering purchasing one of these. HS Precision stock, aluminum bedding block, 26 inch fluted barrel, etc.
Good? Bad? pass? Rifle is new inbox

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
I don,t know how well it shot out of the box , but my gunsmith was recomending one to me as he had seen them shoot itty bitty groups , and when all is said and done it may be less expensive than a rifle build .................

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The local gun shop fellow talked me into a Tikka varmint 22-250. I am real sorry I didn't get the remington! Curly

Posts: 49 | Location: the Evergreen State | Registered: 01 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have considered this rifle also but I like the 1/9 twist of my Savage it shoots 40gr. - 69gr. bullets into very small groups.My Rem. SPS with 1/12 twist shoots 40gr. - 55gr the SPS is my walkabout the Savage a bench gun.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked at that rifle and thought it was fantastic. I ended up buying a XR-100 but it was a toss of the coin.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I ended up buying a stainless Savage in .223. Priced right at $450.
Looking for a durable good shooter to carry in my river boat in case we see some wolves that need to be killedSmiler

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe I think you will like your Savage, my short barreled model 10 shoots Hornady 60gr Vmax behind 25 gr Varget real well. For long range plinking I shoot 68gr Hornady behind the same 25-26 gr.Varget. The Savage isn't as nice looking as the Rem. but it shoots better with less work... Enjoy!