New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weatherby Vanguard 25/06
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Back on May 5, I surveyed you guys about the Vanguard. Well,I bought it! I started load development and break-in this A.M. I started with a load that I use in my long range PD rifle. the first three shots measured .613".
I changed to a deer load based on the previous load; RPbrass,CCI primer, 53.5gr IMR4831,and Sierra 100gr Spire point flat base. After wiping the bore, and cleaning for copper, I shot two fouling shots. The next 3 shots measured .423". I think you guys put me on a "WINNER".
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!

IF YOU'RE GONNA GET OLD,YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!! GETTIN' OLD AIN'T FOR SISSIES!!

Posts: 381 | Location: Sebring, FL | Registered: 12 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, so far so good. thumb

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thumb thumb

Sounds like you're on course!!
Just had my new Weatherby Vangard in 25-06 out yesterday shooting it for the first time.
Out of 11 different loads, three shot exceptionally well. So, I'm a happy Vanguard owner.
I'm concentrating on 120 grain bullets, and also shot a couple of 115 grain loads.
Looks like RL-22 and H-4831 are THE powders for my rifle.
I loaded up some sighters with 85 grain bullets, and one three shot group with them shot well.
No flies on my Vanguard..

Don

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I have a Weatherby Vanguard in 204 Ruger that is absolutely a tack driver out to about 300 yards. I love this gun ... Prairie dogs not so much!!

I'll strongly consider another Vanguard purchase in the future.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The blue/synthetic vangaurd is a great gun and value. Never heard a negative about them. That's some very good shooting.

Posts: 172 | Location: DAPHNE, ALABAMA | Registered: 26 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And the trigger is easy to get it to work real fine.Good Luck

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote