New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber .243
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Picked up a Kimber .243 the other day, and man, does it shoot. Got a bobcat last weekend with it, do fur damage due to shooting it in the bottom of the neck. Also, shot MY T-Post at 128 yards on a bet....I won the bet.....

Posts: 199 | Location: D/FW Texas | Registered: 10 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While I have a battery of old M70's, 99's and FN's I had been searching for something new, something better and lighter as well.

Someone said that the Brno 21/22 carbines were the finest production rifle ever made so I got a couple of those. Then I got a couple of Kimber 84M Classics and they were lighter and shot well.

When Kimber came out with the Montanas I got one in 243 and its perfect out of the box. Then a 270 WSM Kimber Montana became my long range gun finally I have a 308 Kimber and I am satisfied and have stopped looking at more or other guns.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm with savage99. I bought a montana .243 and love it. When Kimber came out with the special edition french walnut WSM's, I bought one in .300. It too shoots sub-moa. Recently I took delivery on a custom ultra-light .338 that was a POS! After sending it back for "corrections" it still looked like an apprentices' project, the weight was no less than my Kimber 8400, and accuracy was not as good. After several months of haggling, I finally recieved a refund. I spoke with a tech guy at Kimber and he said there would be a .338 Montana in the future. He didn't say when, but I am waiting. I can't see spending another 3K on a custom when Kimber makes what I want for 1K.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
Anyone using the Kimber Longmaster in either .243 or .308?

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2602 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote