Tools

Vanguard series 2.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have one yet? Any good?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was looking at them and called Weatherby to discuss the sub MOA guarantee. I asked how they test them, because their web site seems to be unclear. The person told me that some were tested in a test stock, then shipped with a different stock. I said the harmonics would change and that I didn't see how they could be expected to maintain sub moa. He agreed. He said the ones with the white printed target are the ones that are tested with the stock that is shipped. The ones that have a white and orange target are the ones I would not buy. They are not tested with the stock that is shipped.

Anothet issue that turned me off is that they test with non premium ammo (Fed Power Shock for example). Also some of the bullet weights are lighter than I would like. The guy told me to find the one with the best groups and buy it. You would have to ask the dealer to show you all the guns and targets in the boxes. I said I wouldn't be interested due to the ammo.

I still may be interested in a 223 or 22-250. I wouldn't be as concerned about premium ammo with those calibers.

I also asked what would I do if it didn't shoot sub moa. He said you take it to an authorized dealer and they will test it. If it doesn't perform for them, then it would be sent to Weatherby for repair or replacement. I would also be interested in hearing if any one had any experiences with the guarantee.