Find
Notify
Tools

Cousins!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've long had a fondness for Sakos.

Picked up the Sako Riihimaki half stock years ago.

Thanks to M D Stewart, its cousin followed me home!

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
Nice pair.

Posts: 7589 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Pretty darned sweet, Geedubya. First centerfire rifle I fired was a Sako in .222, when I was 7 or 8 years old.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16653 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A Mannlicher with a full length rifle barrel! And a late one, too, with its Monte Carlo stock and forged bottom metal. Pretty nice stuff.

How does the aftermarket 6-shot magazine do? I've seen some of them which had too much spring and wouldn't compress enough to hold more than four rounds. That can be fixed by cutting a leaf or so off of the spring.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GW, you're like the Noah of gun collecting....2 of everything! :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice pair Geedubya!

Now, you need a trifecta. Like adding my wife’s Sako safari in 9.3x62 (but her’s is not for sale). There’s one out there somewhere...

You could take all three to Africa for a three rifle battery! beer

Posts: 2627 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Nice rifles; I adore my L691 chambered in the venerable 6.5x55.

I think I'd rather call in and have mounted a ringtail though. Big Grin No nighttime hunting here, so I haven't caught one's interest yet.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GWB,
You're one interesting guy who happens to have great taste. NO, I don't want anything from you. haha

Thanks for sharing yer stuff with this old dog.

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice! What calibers?

Posts: 291 | Location: Coweta Oklahoma  | Registered: 08 January 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My go to varmint gun is a half stock Rihimaki just like yours, shoots pin holes all day long, Killed more coyotes than anything else, some rockchucks and both deer and antelope with it..On deer size game use the 60 gr. Hornady soft point or Hollwo point, both work great. I used them on cull hunts a good deal.Love the .222 caliber btw..I had the Manlicher twin at one time but away it went down the gun show trail, dammit! shocker

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42169 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote