THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    CZ 527 .223 REM: How accurate is yours?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 527 .223 REM: How accurate is yours?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to know how accurate your CZ 527 in .223 REM is mgun

Mine is 9 years old, got 5 cans (2.5 Kg) of AA 2230 burned through the bore and groups 0.7-1.5 MOA @ 5 shots (depending on the state of mind of the nutcase that pulls the trigger)

How accurate is yours and what do you feed it to keep you happy? beer

Posts: 223 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: 16 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
reindeer: I have kind of a strange CZ 527 in .223 Remington. By the way, it will put five 50 grain Hornady V-Max bullets in front of 27.5 grains of Winchester 748 into a half inch circle at 100 yards, day in and day out. For grins one day. I shot the same spot 20 times. The first 13 knocked a nickel-sized hole out of the center, so I just aimed at what I thought was the center of the circle. At the end of 20 shots, the overall group was just a tiny hair over one inch. My rifle is the Lux model. However, I had troubles finding the scope picture fast with the Lux model stock, so I bought one of those CZ-USA fancy grade American Walnut aftermarket stocks for $260. That stock needed some work, as the Lux models have the rear sight band and the American models do not. I had to inlet a bit on the barrel channel to get the barreled action sitting right. I then glassbedded the action area and the barrel channle. After that was done, a gunsmithing buddy said he wanted to try to pillar bed it, so I let him. The barrel is freefloated just about the width of two one-dollar bills. It is one tack-driving little rifle. I have it topped with a huge, Simmons Whitetail Classic in 6.5x20x50 and even though it is a Simmons, it has served me well. By the way, that 20-shot group ws done with proper cooling between shots so the barrel was just a bit heated, not cold. After shooting a group I would put it aside and shoot my CZ 550 American in 7x57mm until the CZ 527 was cool. I tried AA2230, but could not get the bullets (50 gr. V-Max and 50 gr. Sierra SX) to group worth a darn. H 335 shoots almost as well as the Winchester 748 in my rifle. Hope this helps. Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I have an early rifle before cz-usa had a web page or catalog. After floating the bbl it shoots cloverleafs at 100 yds. with Sierra 55gr HPs and about 24gr of 3031.

Rich

Posts: 6492 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tom...that combination of 27.5 grns of w748 and a 50 grn bullet works for me too. i'm using my small supply of old nosler 50 grn solid base bullets or sierra 50 grn"blitz" bullets. my 527 american has shot 6 consecutive 3 shot groups all under .5". since that day i haven't shot paper with it.

blaming guns for crime is like blaming silverware for rosie o'donnell being fat

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My CZ-527 American likes either 27 gr of W-748 or 28 Gr of H-335 under a 50 gr Ballistic Tip or V-MAX or Speer TNT. (My rifle shoots them the same.) It will put them into 1/2 to 3/4 inch. A grain more of either powder and a 40 gr bullet shoots just as well.

Posts: 284 | Location: Orange, CA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine does well with the Hornady 55 grain soft point and 25.5 grains of Benchmark. I use military cases and winchester primers. OAL of 2.223". I want to get some surplus powder and try and work up some loads.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote