THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: .223 - Wolf Brand - polymer coating

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: .223 - Wolf Brand - polymer coating
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've only shot a box or two of Wolf in my AR and I don't care for the smell of it. I'm more interested in finding some of this half-brass/half-plastic ammo I found at the range the other day. It's headstamped PCA. Does anybody know who makes it?

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
don't worry about it just throw the wolf ammo away. my son has a hot shooting dpms lopro what will hold under an inch at 200 with 55 gr noslers. with wolf ammo it groups around 3'. wondering about that i took 3 rounds apart. the powder charges went from 19 to 22 grains, and the bullet diameters ranged from 219 to 221.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of C. A. Plater
posted Hide Post
It is made by a company called NATEC. PCA stands for polymer cased ammunition. I've never used the stuff so I don't know how good it is. It is available at the ammuntionstore.com for about $40 more/1000 than Wolf.

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -- Thomas Jefferson
http://tcbunch.com

Posts: 181 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama | Registered: 21 July 2003Reply With Quote