Notify
Tools

223 WSSM
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted
Guys:

We have a Model 70 Coyote in 223 WSSM, and we can't find a scope base mount, anywhere here in the Phoenix area.

WE bought a 2 piece Leupold base set for a Model 70 Short Action, and the rear hole spacing is incorrect. Anybody solve this problem yet? Will a one peice Model 70 Short action base work?

Thanx

Jerry

Posts: 1297 | Location: Chandler arizona | Registered: 29 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The darned spacing on the rear of the action is different on the model 70's chambered for the WSSM cartridges. I bought one in 223 WSSM (Super Shadow Super Short). I called Leupold and they said they did not make a base for it.

Leupold suggested I buy a Warne base, but I wound up buying a Burris. You can mail order the Burris two piece base #410230 from either Midway or Mid South Shooters Supply.

I don't think anyone is making a one piece base that fits, but I am not certain.

Hope this helps, R F

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Leupold is working fast on the bases, I am not sure when they will be out. Burris, Warne and Talley all have bases for that gun. The super short actions take bases dedicated to that action alone.

If you want the best, give Talley a call. I would have to be hard pressed to have anything else on my guns, they work and look great. I have a set sitting on my desk waiting for my gun to arrive.

Aaron

Posts: 174 | Location: Utah | Registered: 15 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jerry,

I too have a M70 Coyote in .223 WSSM. I used Burris bases, rings and one of their Black Diamond scopes on mine. Great combination. Personally I prefer Burris rings/bases as they always work. Lawdog

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote