THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    stevens 200 replacement bolts

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

stevens 200 replacement bolts
 Login/Join

posted
Hey all, long time listener first time caller.
The ejector of my stevens 200 rifle .223 broke.
I need to find a replacement bolt. I've searched and searched and cant find a replacement bolt. Cant fix it, lost the parts, just want to order a new bolt.
Any suggestions????
Thank you!

Posts: 1 | Location: Live free, New Hampshire | Registered: 30 April 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15 | Location: nashville,tn | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a good 'smith in West Swanzy, right next to Keene, named Larry ???? who builds a lot of target rifles on Savage 11/110 series actions. He might have the parts and expertise to fix your rifle for less $$ than a new bolt.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll EyesContact Savage Arms in your neighbooring state. Eekerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tnyotehunter:
http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/

try this site

I'd recommend contacting these folk, even over contacting the factory...

More user friendly!

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm lost. Why would you want to replace a bolt over a broken ejector? How did you manage to break the ejector?

It's a simple springloaded plunger and replacement is a ten minute job.

It is a good citizen's duty to love the country and hate the gubmint.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Stevens is nothing more than a pre Accu-trigger Savage rifle. Not sure but most like any parts that fit a pre-accutrigger Savage will fit the Stevens 200.

Posts: 161 | Location: hoosierville | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call Savage, my bet is they will tell you to send them the bolt and they would replace extractor for free, of they will sell you and extractor, or possibly just send you one. My experiance has been very positve!

Posts: 656 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 06 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For the money Midway sells parts for Savages at as good a price as anyone. The parts for bolts are the same for Stevens as they are for Savage regardless of the trigger.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The NH 'smith that I was thinking of is Larry Racine.

Check his web site, www.lprgunsmith.com

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote