THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    .264 Win Mag Accuracy versus the 6.5-284

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.264 Win Mag Accuracy versus the 6.5-284
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does the 264 Win Mag have a chance in the accuracy department against the 6.5-284? Not a bunch of difference in velocity if you have to sacrifice soem accuracy for a 150 fps. Anyhow, on a hunting gun which would you go with and why?

Cheers,
Jason

Posts: 98 | Location: Plano, TX | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have both in custom barreled rifles and I can not say one is more accurate than the other because mine are both .5" guns. The advantage I see to the 6.5-284 is that it did it with 10 grains less powder per shot. I think the barrel will last longer on the 6.5-284 with that much less powder being burned every round.

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not that you asked, but my Pac-Nor barreled #4 contour 6.5-06 will put 125 grain partitions into about .3" for 3 shots at 100 yards. This at an easy 3100 fps. If you have a long action to build this rifle on, I wouldn't look past the plain ol' 6.5-06. Feeds great, and the accuracy's not bad either [Wink]

Posts: 235 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 08 November 2000Reply With Quote