New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kel Tec's new SU-16!
 Login/Join

posted
http://www.kel-tec.com/pr04.htm

Anyone seen a review of this rifle yet? It is closer to what I have been looking for in a varmint caliber carbine than I expected to find. Only 5lbs, uses Ar-15 mags, will carry two spare 10 rd or one spare 20/30 rd mag in the buttstock similar to my Steyr Scout Rifle. I hope it shoots better than a Mini-14.

one of us
posted Hide Post
They need to make one in 7.62 NATO

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kel-Tec says the rifle won't ship until May, so don't look for a review until about then.

Posts: 132 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hope that MSRP is not factual. That is knocking on an AR parts gun.

Looks awesome....need a similiar rifle in 7.62x39 taking AK mags.

Posts: 128 | Location: East Central NC, USA | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is one of the ugliest rifles I have ever seen, and its probably a POS for a multitude of reasons... starting with the frail Hinged design, multi barrel contact points, and plastic wings(?). What is that blue item hanging from the bottom of the butt stock... a fold up tent?

Ohh wait it says here... Except for barrel, bolt and mechanism the SU-16 is made entirely of high impact reinforced polymer ... the rest must be made out of aluminum.

Dont listen to me... I am just not a fan.

[ 01-26-2003, 12:02: Message edited by: smallfry ]

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swampfox:
Hope that MSRP is not factual. That is knocking on an AR parts gun.

Looks awesome....need a similiar rifle in 7.62x39 taking AK mags.

I have learned to take MSRPs of guns with a huge grain of salt. For example, I was a bit apprehensive at pricing the Ruger #1 stainless in late '01 when I saw the MSRP in all the mags of $845.00 (at the time). My price going through a local dealer was $625.00. Whew! I like the new Kel Tec's looks. It will probably be priced similar to a Mini 14, might just group better, huh?

Posts: 323 | Location: Keithville, La. USA | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote