New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem. 700 LTR and composite
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have any info on either of these rifles the 700 LTR (light tactical rifle) or the 700 composite?I seem to remember reading somewhere that the composite was only getting 1 1/2" groups.Now that does not sound right for a rifle that retails for $1400

Posts: 131 | Location: Tacoma Wa. | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have read they will shoot 5/8 at 100yds. out of the box.I have a LTR but only have had it for a short time and cant give you any precise info.I sighted mine in and began shooting gophers with it. It seems to be very accurate.You can purchase one for$750 to $800.

[This message has been edited by gophershooter (edited 05-20-2002).]

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote
<Bruce Gordon>
posted
I have an LTR that is from the first run made, and it shoots superbly. With my match loads it will shoot 3" groups consistently at 500 yards as long as I do my part. If only it were available in 260 Remington or 7mm-08 caliber.
There are a couple of complaints I have about the rifle. First is that Remington throats their rifles so long that even loading bullets as long as possible, the bullet still has quite a bit of free bore. The second is that the stock is too short on the length of pull. I am only 5'-7" tall and it is too short for me. I did install one of those slip-on recoil pads which helped.
Oh yes, I also installed a Rifle Basix 1 lb trigger and a 8-32x target scope which helps potential accuracy quite a bit.
Given the chance to get my money out of it, I would sell my rifle and buy a Savage because the guys who shoot against me in the local matches shoot just as good (or better) for half the money.