New
Find
Notify
Tools

My 257 WBY
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well I just put a nother scope on my 257 WBY its a BURRIS Ballistic Plex 3x9x40. I will take it to the range tomorrow to sight it in.

Posts: 2209 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the rifle!! Not much else out there like a 257. Here is mine.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am also a big fan of this caliber as well. Accurate,fast and man does it do some damage on game even with those 100 grain bullets.

WLA

One of Us
Picture of Red C.
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the .257 Wby. I own one and just love it. It is extremely accurate and you talk about a long range gun . . . . Wink

Red C.
Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Posts: 909 | Location: SE Oklahoma | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of Roy's greatest calibers! thumb

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no flies on the 257 wby. Kills stuff DRT.

257 wby accumark, 100 gr nosler partition, 73 gr. IMR 7828, fed 215m primer, 3650 fps. +/-

gwb

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice Deer and nice Boar, How much did that Boar
Weigh?

Posts: 2209 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love my 257 Wby. Very Accurate with 100g. TSX.

Posts: 121 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: 10 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gdeebuya ----- My .257 Wby Accumark is the clone of your rifle. With a 6 X 24 Burris Signature scope it has accounted for dozens of Deer for my grandsons. A 120 grain Nosler Partition at 3450 fps and a ragged hole group when the shooter does his part. One 180 pound Whitetail Buck in particular spotlighted the effectiveness of the load. Bullet entered between the shoulder and neck face on too my grandson at 125 yards. A perfect mushroomed bullet found in the opposite ham in the hide with enough force to penetrate the skin enough to have to be dug out with a knife. I keep the bullet as a reminder to how good the rifle and load is in order to resist tinkering further. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2354 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WyoHunter
posted Hide Post
Love mine! It's a Weatherby Mark V Euromark with a Nikon 4.5x-14x on it. My go to pronghorn rifle.

Be proud of each and every game animal you kill - big, small or no antlers!
NRA LIFE Member

Posts: 65 | Location: Central Wyoming, USA | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one of the new remingtons in the .257 weatherby. So far it is very acurate with 100 grain TSX with rl 22,
But I just bought soime Ramshot magnum, to try as the RL-22 gave me craterd primers at 3460 FPS. 72 Grains.
Its almost comical that i am not happy with 3460, And really getting the speed up to 3600 would not change a thing when I had a nice buck in my cross hairs.
But what the hell, thats why I hand load. To maximize the preformance of the round.
It does real well with a 100 grain hornady over IMR-7828.
Might try some 100 grain partitions.
...tj3006

freedom1st