THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Favorite deer bullet for .257 Roberts
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite deer bullet for .257 Roberts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of f224
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olarmy:
Rusty: nice pics! And I'm bettin' you lovely daughter got her looks from Mom! Wink

BTW, that would be a 110gr Accubond, correct?

Or she got them from Rusty, and her Mom still has hers! Great photos.

Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com

Posts: 840 | Location: Dallas, Iowa, USA | Registered: 05 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mdvjrp93
posted Hide Post
I do not have a 257 roberts but I have one of its off spring in the 6mm rem. I shoot a 100gr game king over 43 gr of H4350. It will hold 1/2 to 3/4 size groups all day long. It has 1n9 twist. You might want to try that.

1 shot 1 thrill

Posts: 340 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 14 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I fit right in with my 115's. I just wanted to see if I went to heavy for best performance but it looks like 100-115 is average.

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

Posts: 631 | Location: SW. PA. | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

Great pictures of your daughter, beautiful girl!

My daughter has expressed interest in hunting and shooting. She has taken over my M700 Classic 257 Roberts show in the previous posts.

What stock is your daughter shooting? This would be just the ticket for my daughter.
You know where I am going with this........

JD338

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
++1 for the 100-grain Nosler Partitions. They have been accurate in both .257 Roberts' I've tried them in (a push-feed Winchester 70 and a tang-safety Ruger 77), and have been reliable killers without too much meat damage on deer from 20 to 300 yards.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3819 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Loaded 120gr Normas for years--

now I am running low on my stash--

so, I have been loading the Swift Scirocco II 100gr and the Barnes 100gr TSX

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC