Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forming 6.5 Japanese Cases
 Login/Join

posted
Can a .35 Remington case be reformed to 6.5 Japanese by using a .300 Savage sizer die then the 6.5 Japanese die?

Thanks for the help.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Well the heads are a differenct size. Don't know if that will be an issue. I assuem you want the 300 to neck it down? I've never tried it and for $39/100 I wouldn't waste my time and energy. http://www.grafs.com/product/194790 Grafs has brass. Little more than 35Rem but far cheaper than Norma. With the rim issue, neck thickness?? Fireforming if needed. I wouldn't try forming.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe I missed something but the 6.5 Jap is rimmed and the 35 R is not.

But regardless, Paul is right. Why bother simply to save less than 50 bucks. When I was a kid I would salvage every case I could lay my hands on and make some strange looking brass. But it's the 21st Century and those kind of things should die a natural death.

JMHO

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
popcornThe 220 Swift case can be used. Winkroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote