New
Find
Notify
Tools

loading the 22-6mm rem.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have been shooting a 22-6mm for many years and have a good load for the 74 gr RWA cone point bullet. I am looking for some load data for other bullet weights such as the 77 gr Sierra and the 80 gr. Sierra. I am also looking at the 70 gr Swift bullet.
My rifle is a Winchester ss. short action with a 25" PacNor supermatch fluted barrel.It has a one in eight twist rate so should stabilize long bullets well.I started using the load data from my 74gr RWA cone point bullet on the 70 gr. Swift bullet and popped primers even backing off a grain of powder to start. I understand there is a TTH round that is its duplicate. Where can I find that load data?

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Some history and loads at the bottom.

http://www.ttha.com/224tth.htm

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If 22centre fires become legal for roe deer in England (may occur in 18months) then I shall be making one of these.

Interested in what velocities you get with what powders with your 22-6mm rem.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shoot a variety of bullets in mine. No one I know of can get the Swift bullets to shoot under 1.5", save your money. The 70gr Barnes seems to shoot well in a buddies but I have no personel experience with it. He is using Reloader 22, there are 5 of us here in South Texas that use it and agree its the most accurate and produces the least amount of pressure. Start aroung 45grs and work your way up. I'm using 48gr with Hornady 75gr Amax' and getting about 3500-3550fps and shooting one little hole. The same load with Sierra 69 bthp is a real killer on varmints. The bullet goes in about 5 inches and explodes. You'll get closer to 3650fps with it. We've played with the 77-80s you mentioned but the best accuracy and preformance seem to come from the 75gr Amax. We've tried 4350 but it produces too much pressure for its velocities and Reloader 25 burns a bit too slow. I have not found any printed loads for this cartridge but the general concensous is that Re-22 with any of the accurate bullets seems to work. The was a company called Starke that made a 68gr hp with a huge opening in the tip that was awesome on coyotes. I bought 500 bullets 5 years ago and still have some so I dont know if they still make it.

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
lb404,

What are RWA bullets?

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I misspoke, 74 gr.Cone Point bullets by RWS.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote