New
Find
Notify
Tools

25 cal Sierra's
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey guys I just bought a box of 25 projectiles and there are some 100gr Game kings and 100gr Pro hunters. Other than one has a boat tail and the other a flat base, do they both kill equally well?
Thanks FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the Pro-hunter in my 25/06. It's worked on groundhogs, coyote, and deer.
Never compared it to the Gameking however.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a bud that uses both in his 308.He does well with bothand I have been there for a lot of his hunts.Good Luck

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used both with pretty much equal results. The flat bases are a bit more accurate in my rifle.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fasteel:
Hey guys I just bought a box of 25 projectiles and there are some 100gr Game kings and 100gr Pro hunters. Other than one has a boat tail and the other a flat base, do they both kill equally well?
Thanks FS

What are you shooting them in? Under 3000 fps they will be equal. Above that the Pro hunter will be a tougher bullet, say at 25-06 velocities.

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use the Pro Hunter in several calibers including the 25-06. I shot a nice deer last weekend with my 300WSM using the 180gr Pro Hunter. The buck was chasing a doe in a thicket and the bullet went thru a 2" diameter tree before hitting the deer.

Posts: 892 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by perry:
quote:
Originally posted by Fasteel:
Thanks FS

What are you shooting them in? Under 3000 fps they will be equal. Above that the Pro hunter will be a tougher bullet, say at 25-06 velocities.

Perry

Perry I have a variety in 25 cal, 250 Savage 257 AI, bob, & 06. Right now i am loading for the 250 Savage that is in a Ruger stainless full stock.
Thanks Greg

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At 250 Savage velocities and ranges the only difference will be the bullet that your rifle likes. Mine likes the GameKing.
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!

IF YOU'RE GONNA GET OLD,YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!! GETTIN' OLD AIN'T FOR SISSIES!!

Posts: 381 | Location: Sebring, FL | Registered: 12 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the jigger:
At 250 Savage velocities and ranges the only difference will be the bullet that your rifle likes. Mine likes the GameKing.
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!

+1

perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Craigster is correct! Both are good bullets. Mine shoots the Game-King "slightly" better. You will be impressed if you do bullet placement as you are supposed to!
Aloha, Mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cummins4x4
posted Hide Post
My 25-06AI likes the 120gr GMKs, everything I shot diedWink

Posts: 39 | Location: Lethbridge Alberta | Registered: 30 April 2007Reply With Quote