New
Find
Notify
Tools

remington model 7 in .260
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I believe that i am going to purchase a new rifle instead of building. And it will be a .260 caliber. I am a ruger fan but they do not make a stainless synthetic stock in the .260. Ruger does make the laminated stock but i am not sure of it's weatherability. Remington does make the model 7 with stainless,synthetic stock.After reading several post in regards to remingtons lack of quality control i have a dilema, which one? I know ruger is a fine firearm but know very little of the remington. Any help would be appreciated. P.S. i will try to post some of my black bear hunting picture's to tustemena glacier here in alaska as soon as i can figure out how to use this!@#$#^^& camera.

Posts: 308 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
<ovis>
posted
greg p,

I have a .260Rem in a Model 7 and I really like it. No quality problems here. I've just started handloading for it and it shoots much better then I'm capable of right out of the box. I also enjoy hunting the Tustumena area but missed out on it this past season. I'm sure everyone here would enjoy seeing the pics from your hunt.

Joe