THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: Best scope value for .22?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Best scope value for .22?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Leupold VX-I in 2-7x ($179) or 3-9X ($199). These are full size scopes (although shorter and lighter than most full size scopes), which may look out-of-place on some .22's, depending on what .22 you're mounting them on. They're about the best bargain available in high-quality but affordable scopes.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would really like to spend $100-$200. Can I get something in that price range that is ok?

Posts: 130 | Location: Montana | Registered: 08 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since you are looking at a target gun I wouldn't think you would very worried about size so here is my advice. I have a simmons pro-air 6-18x on my cz varmint and am very impressed. I have found the tracking to be somewhat lacking but once sighted in, it stays there. There 44 Mag series is also a decent scope. I've also heard positive reports on the Swift brand of scopes. Tasco's mag in Japan are reportedly good and can be had in your price ranges. If you are looking into a high powered scope for less than $200 then that is what i would recomemd checking into.
Matt

one of us
posted Hide Post
For that application we have always used scopes with AO as parallax is a problem with the close ranges that 22's are shot at.

It seems that a lot of the 22 plinkers here have high power variables on their 22's and enjoy them.

Leupold will adjust the parallax on a non AO scope to say 60 yds for less than $20 but I would get an AO scope and be done with it.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote