New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem. VS SF II.....opinions?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Was wondering what folks think of the VS SF II Remington, especially those of you who own one? How do they compare with the XR-100? I believe the XR-100 is a bit heavier but I notice the VSSF has a bi-pod mount that seems a nice thing to have.

Thanks.

Posts: 70 | Location: N. Utah | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
teesh,
Yeah, I think they are gorgeous! I am holding out for the new Sendero SFII, which I hope looks just like the VSSF II! They do have two sling swivel studs up front, so one can be used for a bipod.

Posts: 273 | Location: Dakota | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mud,

Can you tell me a little about the Sendero? How does it differ from the VSSF II? I haven't heard anything about it nor have I seen anything on their website.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
teesh,
The Sendero is the long-action version of the VSSFII. The new 2006 version has yet to be officially announced by Remington (it is not on their web page yet). The new Sendero, however is advertised in a distributor catalog I have in my possession. The new Sendero will be chambered in .264WM, 7mmRM, 7mmRUM, 300WM, and 300RUM. The VSSFII has a HS Precision stock, black with green webbing, which I find striking. I do not know if the new Sendero will have the same green webbing, it will have a black HS stock tho. If you do get a new VSSFII, I would seriously consider getting a 2006 model with the improved trigger, rather than a 2005 holdover. Good luck!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The VS SF II is a gorgeous gun. I would have bought one instead of my VLS if it was out back then. However, I'm now waiting for the new sendero to come out. Both the VSSFII and the XR-100 are about the same thing with the exception of the VSSF having the green stock with fluted barrel and the XR having a thumbhole stock and is only single shot. Good luck in whatever you decide, you can't go wrong with either choice.

Posts: 149 | Location: western Iowa | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mud,

Do you or anyone else here know how to tell if a model is a 2005 vs 2006? Maybe by serial number? Maybe its obvious some other way? I had read about the new trigger in one of the predator magazines and wanted to ask on here if anyone knew how to tell the difference between the years. If no one replies here I guess I'll start a new thread with an appropriate subject.

Thanks for the replies and I'll be getting a VSSF II in .223 as soon as I hear an answer regarding the new trigger.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
teesh,
I don't know how to tell a '06 VSSFII from a '05, except to say there probably aren't any '06's out there right now! This is a good question. I don't know if there is any real way for a consumer to tell, just looking at a rifle in a gunshop. In my personal situation, if my local gunshop gets any VSSFII's in the store sometime this spring, they will probably be the new models. Anything sitting around now definitely is a holdover. Some stores code their tags on each gun with a date, which tells when that particular rifle came in. I'm sorry, I just can't give you some sort of a definitive way to tell, without actually taking the stock off and looking at the trigger. The new 2006 Sendero SFII rifle should, of course, all have the new trigger.

One of Us
Picture of Coyote Caller
posted Hide Post
Theese are nice looking guns but i dont like the way the new palm swell feels in my hand. I went to buy one on saterday and didnt like them as well as i thought i would. Lucky for me there was one of the older versions left in 22-250 so i got it instead.

Posts: 56 | Location: Utah | Registered: 13 October 2005Reply With Quote