Find
Notify
Tools

Sierra 65gr Game King .224"
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted
Just bought a box of these, the label cautions to use in a 7" to 10" twist gun. Has anyone used them for medium sized critters, specially WT deer?

Time to repair to the reloading room and stir up some new fodder for the flat top AR. Big Grin

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are deer killing machines at moderate ranges. Killed lots of does with them from Remington PSS 223.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used them to kill LOTS of wtd and hogs out of a 1:12 Sendero. I will say this though. I had a fast twist barrel put on my Sendero and shoot 62/70gr TSX and they flat kill A LOT better.

Perry

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I'll see how they do accuracy-wise. They probably won't work in the wife's 14" twist CZ but they will for sure work through one of the 8" twist AR's.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote