THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    17 Mach IV reload data needed

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

17 Mach IV reload data needed
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Need some load data for 17MachIV pistol (bullberry ss 13.5inch. Found limited amount on 25 grain and 30 grain bullets, nothing on 20 grain. Anybody got any they want to share. Ed

Posts: 88 | Location: Eastern Kansas | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For 20 gr Vmax or Berger, I've used 20.0 /H335, 19.2 gr / H322, and also Benchmark (have to check my notes for grains). Velocity from my 24" Cooper is typically 4050fps for the two listed loads.
Try saubier.com/forum...bunches of 17 Mach IV shooters.
I'll check my notes for more loads and sources. Handloader magazine has had a couple of good articles.

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm using a 22gr Berger Non-MEF and 19.3gr BL-C2 with great success in my rifle. Benchmark also looks good. I tried H322 but my rifle with a 22" barrel didn't care for it but it did like 20gr H335 and the 22gr Berger.

I'm at 19.5gr of Benchmark and a 20gr Vmax for fire forming.

I found some loads on reloadbench.com and dug some other stuff up on a google search but am hesitant to post since I haven't tried them myself.

As always, work up to these levels.

I think any of the following are good powders to try in the 17 Mach IV; H322, H335, H4198, Benchmark, Reloader 10x, n133, n135 and BL-C2.

Chris

Posts: 200 | Location: Belle Plaine, IA USA | Registered: 09 July 2001Reply With Quote