THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Query on my "new" Al Biesen .25/06

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Query on my "new" Al Biesen .25/06
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted
I just got this Al Biesen .25/06 yesterday and put on a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x scope on it. It is immaculate with out a single nick or scrape except for the bolt where it has been cycled.

I just wonder if the big Zeiss overwhelms the size of the very delicate rifle. Any suggestions of a quality scope that has sufficient magnification and quality to take full advantage of the long range potential of the caliber?

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7706 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not trying to be a smart a$$, but don't you think the saddle should be of the same quality as the horse. That rifle just screams class.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central PA | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice acquisition. I have the same scope on a Win 264 Super grade. I hunted w/ it this past weekend and admired it's lines. It's not TOO big and works very well!

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge, I would look for a Zeiss Diavari C MC 3x9. This is a 1 inch tube scope that preceded the Conquest. They are tough as nails and brilliant optically. Overall length is 11.5 inches. They appear on e-bay regularly and sell for $450 to $500. Congratulations on the new toy. She is a beaut! thumb

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Being an owner of a few Biesen rifles I will chime in. I do think that scope looks to big. Personaly I put a 2.5 - 8 leupold on my 270 that Al and Roger built me. I don't know, Biesen, pre-64, 270, Leupold.....Anybody want to buy all my other rifles I have everything that I need Big Grin

Posts: 496 | Location: ME | Registered: 08 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
definately out of place, tell you what, i've got this little tasco i'll trade you for it Big Grin

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
For my taste it is a little large. But if you like it who cares.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about a Leupold M8 6x?

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
For my taste it is a little large. But if you like it who cares.

Good post! thumb

Posts: 908 | Location: Western Colorado | Registered: 21 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a Biesen built rifle on a Dakota action in .375 Wby. Like you, I did not want to over power the rifle and finally decided on a 2.5x8 Zeiss. Looks pretty classy especially with the QD rings.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I gotta go along with the leupold guy's
the ziess Idea is good but when you want a scope that looks right it's hard to beat a leupold.
And I have never had a leupold cost me a game animal yet.
...tj3006

freedom1st

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks great! I would'nt change a thing.

Posts: 460 | Location: Auburn CA. | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With Quote