Winchester 9422
Ruger 10/22
Remington 541T
Kleingunther K-22
Colt Frontier
Colt Single Action, Nickle
Colt 22 Auto
Browning Buckmark Bullseye

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JLHeard
posted Hide Post
I have a Browning Autoloader that my dad gave me when I was 10.

Posts: 580 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of covey16
posted Hide Post
Winchester model 63 with Lyman 66 receiver sight- Perfect

Remington 552BDL- great rifle adult sized

Ruger 1022 Stainless-I don't see what all the fuss is about,doesn't fit me worth a hoot

Remington Nylon 66-a boat paddle that shoots every time though not always accurately

Savage model 6-oldy but a goody-belonged to my great grandfather- still accurate

Stevens 15Y- 1955 model my first big game rifle-given to me when I was 5

Covey16

forgot the pistols

Ruger Convertable 6 Stainless

Colt Series 70 Gold Cup with 22 conversion unit

Posts: 4197 | Location: Sabine County,Texas | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bolt: CZ 452, Excellent, best 22 factory rifle I have ever owned. The first hole just keeps getting a little bigger with each following shot.

Semi Auto: Ruger 10/22, with a Carbon Fiber Barrel, and Hogue Rubber stock, with a 1.5 x 4.5 Bushnell Shotgun Scope with a Circle X reticle. This barrel sure made this rifle a good shooter. The scope is fantastic for target acquisition of small, fast moving ground squirrels.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Past rifles: Stevens Favorite but with a Winchester barrel. The best I had was a M52B standard barrel with a Lyman Supertargetspot. Then I went with the CF's and used reduced loads while accumulating .22's most of which seem to be collectors. I have .22 target rifles also but that does not seem to be the specific topic.

So I have Win's 63, 61 and a 75 Sporting.

My favorite hunting .22 is the Colt Woodsman.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What would life be without a .22? Our house features 513T, 510 ( a couple of those ), 24C, Marlin 60 that will shoot 1/2" at 50 yards with the right bullet ( only one type works that well ). We offloaded the first Marlin 60 and an AR-7 a decade or so ago...

Tom

Posts: 14624 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree! There is nothing better than seeing a young person shooting his first center ring on a target. There is a young man age around eleven that lives across the street from me that absolutly loves to go to the range and shoot and shoot. We went to the range one day and I know we went through at least a brick of 22 bullets. The look on his face was priceless. Kind of reminded me of one of those tv spots.
140$ for a Marlin 22

10$ for Shoot-N-See Targets

9$ for brick of 22 Bullets

Seeing the look on the face of a future gun nut! PRICELESS

LLB

Posts: 93 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 12 November 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Remington model 12A pump; Browning BL-22; Savage model 6A and a handful of old single shot bolt action Cooeys

Posts: 19 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Remington 541 Target. Fitted with a 4.5 X 14 Leupold mil-dot with target turrets. Extremely accurate. The only down side is the plastic clip.

OD Bear

Posts: 37 | Location: Western Wa. | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, there is...
a BSA Martini int'l Mk V and
A BSA martini 12/15 and
A greener Miniature club and
Another Greener Martini and
Well - you get the drift...

one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Ruger MKII 10"
S&W M622 6"
Thompson Center Contender 21" "Match"
Winchester M320 (my first "of age" purchase)
Winchester M72 w/factory installed aperture sight
Winchester M1906
Winchester M62A w/Lyman tang aperture sight

Current favorite ammo is either Winchester PowerPoints or Winchester Dynapoints modified to an SGB point with a Hanned Line tool.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I started out with a 22 short falling block and then got a Rem M-12C Pump and a Win. M-63 automatic, both in 22 L.R. and I am still shooting those two guns, never felt the need for another. I fed a fencing crew for 3 months on a ranch we had leased in Mexico with that Win M-63, one summer many years ago and that old auto still shoots tiny groups at 50 and 100 yards.

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I still use the rifle my dad taught me to shoot with, a clip fed Remington 511P "Scoremaster" topped with a Weaver K 2.5. My new multi-use gun is a Ruger 77-22 wearing a Burris 4X. Can't forget the S&W 617 either. Hard to believe it's now ten years old. Saved the best for last, a Remington M37 "Rangemaster". With its 20X Lyman Super Target Spot no gopher is safe. Wish I still had my Marlin golden 39...

Posts: 594 | Location: MT. | Registered: 05 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice thread, thought I would jump in too. I too have a 10/22 that is all tricked out. I like to do my target shooting with that. When I want to shoot nostalgicly I take my Stevens 44 1/2 to the range. When I am on the look out for small game I can take my...Winchester 62 or the 63 or the 9422 Trapper or my Kimber Classic! I never met a .22lr that I did not like!

Jay

Posts: 241 | Location: Grand Rapids, Mi, usa | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a kimber clasic with a nikon monarch scope. Just started shooting some of the mid grade ammo and getting groups of about .25 in. Hope to get some more practice and start to experiment with the high grade stuff and see how small i can get.

Posts: 602 | Location: hudson valley ny | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hobie -
I wonder if that's my old Winchester 72A with the peep sight. I got it from a man whose father won it in a golf tourament in Philadelphia in the '50s and it was unfired and just like new when I got it. I shot it a few times and even though it was very accurate I let my father trade it in on something he wanted at Nuckols in Staunton. This was a few years ago - could have been 5 years or more, I don't really remember. I know it's been since my folks retired 13 years ago and moved back to Stuarts Draft. Just curious.

A few of my .22s:

Marlin Golden 39-A I got in '63
Rem. 541-S
Finnfire Hunter with a 1.5-ounce Jewell trigger & a T-36
CZ American WMR
Single-Six Convertible I bought in '72.

John

Posts: 175 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
I don't think its yours John. My father bought it new back soon after it was made. He was living in Cooperstown, NY at the time. It does shoot very well.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoot several
Browning BL 22
Browning BPS 22
Browning A-Bolt 22
Browning Model 52
Remington 541T
And a Browning T-bolt
Plus a few pistols

I believe you can never have too many!!

Posts: 906 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CZ452/Silhouette/ synthetic/ Nikon 4x32 Rimfire Classic in Warne rings.
Rem/552 Speedmaster,this thing has killed truck loads of squirrels and rabbits.
Rem/ Viper/ my open site .22lr.
J.C.Higgins/44DL ( its a Marlin 57 ).
Handi-Rifle/.22mag
Armscor/M1500/.22mag, absolutley the most accurate .22 mag (un-modified) I have ever shot in my life. It sat on a used gun rack for over 3 years, the shop owner gave me a hell of a deal to get rid of it.

Posts: 260 | Location: ky. | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote