THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    6.5 Remington Magnum Cases/Ammo?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 Remington Magnum Cases/Ammo?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
G'Day Fella's,

I have seen that Nosler are making 6.5 Rem Mag ammo but was wondering if any of you US Hunters/Shooters have seen or heard of it being available?

Regards
Homer

Lick the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity Just Once and You Will Suck For Life!

Posts: 459 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've seen where nosler has it listed, but haven't seen any for sale. The only place I've seen that you can get 6.5 Rem Mag loaded ammo from is Hendershots. Here's a link to them.

https://hendershots.net/produc...extreme-custom-ammo/

Posts: 291 | Location: Coweta Oklahoma  | Registered: 08 January 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Years ago I owned a 6.5 RM, but I never bothered to chase down any brass for it. You can form it from any belted case, so why bother?

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been awhile since i've seen 6.5 rem mag loaded ammo or brass available. Last time I did see loaded ammo for sale was at a Sportsman's Warehouse In Utah. I saw brass available on Midway a few years back when I picked up a bunch of 350 Rem Mag they had on sale.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

Thank you for your time and advice on this!

Yeah, I know I can make if from other belted cases (I also own a .350 RM), it's just that I'd prefer cases with the correct head stamp, if possible.

Regards
Homer

Posts: 459 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a custom 6.5 built on a VZ 24 mauser action. I have forming dies but much prefer factory 6.5 brass. You find a box or two of brass or loaded ammo at gun shows. I have found that much of the old "new" brass you find has hardened with age and you will get 4 or 5 cases spliting the necks on the first firing. I anneal these new cases before loading and have no issues.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

Thank You for that information and advice Snowman!

May I ask, what barrel Length and Twist do you have on your 6.5 RM and if known, what velocities?

Regards
Homer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 1-9 twist with a 23" barrel. I'm not sure of the velocities. I have mine on a 700 short action with the magazine extended to 3".

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
If you can order from Nosler they have it last I looked.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2813 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to Bruno's in AZ for new Remington brass:

6.5 Rem Mag brass

It's listed as 'in stock'.

Regards.

Posts: 52 | Location: The Great Southwest | Registered: 07 April 2007Reply With Quote