THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    I finaly got one ...........................Cooper that is

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I finaly got one ...........................Cooper that is
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well my life long dream of owning a Cooper has come true, My girlfrind has bought me a Birthday gift that I TRUELY love, she orderd me a Cooper 22 "Phoenix" chamberd in .260 Rem with a Leupold 4.5-15X40 VX-III LR with the Boone and Crocket. I cant wait for it to get here This will be my first highend rifle most of wht I own is below the $500 mark so this is going to be a treat for me....

How meny of you out there own a Cooper ?? how do you guys like yours ????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keep that woman! Does she have a sister?

banana

Posts: 1324 | Location: Oregon rain forests | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DITTO on the keeper

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like mine, in a 22-250AI. Shoots well.

At the time I bought it, it only came with Talley bases, which I don't really care for.

I wish they would come out with a repeater in the smaller calibers. Maybe someday.

Posts: 270 | Location: Cedar Rapids IA | Registered: 02 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, prepare to be spoiled beyond your expectations!

Coopers Rock!

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope you're saving for a pretty nice rock; because not only does that woman deserve one, if she's like most females, she's expecting one now. Congrats on the gun and the lady.

Posts: 55 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You had better start saving, one cooper is never enough.
Its every mans dream to have two coopers at once dancing

Work is the curse of the shooting man.

Posts: 23 | Location: UK | Registered: 10 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have several Coopers, but the oldest one I've only had for a little over a year...so to the posters point who said one isn't enough, that's true enough for me. They have all shot very well straight out of the box, and with a little load development, they all shoot SUPERBLY!

I've got a .270 in the Synthetic stock that is scary accurate, and a 17 HMR that is a bug hole shooter. A 204 ruger single shot, that is just spectacular at long ranges. Cooper's are really nice, a little pain in the ass to adjust the trigger, gotta take the stock off to do so.

You will love your rig, and as others have said, that'a a great girl too!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I reay cant wait for it to get here...I was wondering if any one out there has one in a .264 cal and what types of loads have you run thru it ??

I realy plan on useing this gun for a allround deer gun short and long range and I have 600 160gr RN Interlock by Hornady and was wondering if any one has tryed them in a cooper It is going to have a 1-9" twist but I was wondering if the 26" barrle would make up for it ????

other wise my back up plan was to use 140 GR Nosler Partions.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the one I have, I don't think you can buy a better rifle for the money. You have made a great choice, The girlfriend and the rifle. DW

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of archer_375
posted Hide Post
I just purchased my first Cooper as well. One problem...Mine is a Model 52 Repeater in 25 ' 06 and when I shoot it, the magazine pops out. One email to Cooper and they had UPS at my door for the gun for return to be fixed.

Other than that, the gun is a one holer from 100 and has the most beautiful wood I've ever seen on a firearm.

Posts: 183 | Location: Where the deer and antelope play | Registered: 27 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Cooper is a 57M in 22lr. It is the most shot rifle I own. Even if I am shooting a big rifle I shoot this to warm up with first. I love shooting 'clay pigons' on a dirt bank out to 100 yrds. or so. It is an awesome rifle.
Thanks, Doug

Posts: 478 | Location: Central Indiana | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cummins4x4
posted Hide Post
Coopers? Gotta love em, even better as a gift, heres mine

Model 22 Varmint 25-06AI

Posts: 39 | Location: Lethbridge Alberta | Registered: 30 April 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Mach V
posted Hide Post
That girl wants a ring BAD!! LOL
My better half allowed me to aquire a 22PPC Cooper last year.Even she thought it was preaty enough to keep. Its sure is dainty compaired to my poor mans Cooper=Savage J actions

Posts: 19 | Location: Wy | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of lofter
posted Hide Post
I want it.

Anything worth doing is worth doing right the first time.

Posts: 411 | Location: Southeastern Pa | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote