Find
Notify
Tools

.32 RF Rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Giraffe Hunter
posted
I have a Remington #4 rolling block in .32RF short or long. In my enless search to obtain ammo I have found a box of .32 RF Extralong.

Are there rifles chambered for .32 RF Extralong?

Can this ammo be used in a gun chambered in .32 RF long?

Is the extralong used in Pistols?

Thanks in advance for your help.

BTW, does anyone else out there still shoot this caliber and if so what type of firearm do you use?

Posts: 286 | Location: Corning, NY | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The .32 Rimfire Xtra Long was a rifle chambering,I have never found a mention of it being chambered in a pistol.
It will not chamber in a firearm chambered for a .32 Rimfire Long however the .32 Rimfire Long Rifle will chamber and fire in many rifles and pistols chambered for the .32 Long.

Maynard,Wesson,Remington,and Stevens chambered rifles in
.32 Rimfire Xtra Long but I don't believe the No.4 Remington ever was.

I have a No.4 Remington converted to centerfire and chambered for .32 S&W Long,I loved shooting it.I loaded some cartridges too hot and bent the roller pin and had to replace it.

WC

Posts: 407 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try this website for .32 RF ammo.
http://www.martscustoms.com/ammunition_page.htm

Posts: 694 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA | Registered: 09 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!!!
I inherited a 32 long rimfire Winchester 1885 low wall from my Father and have one old box of Navy arms ammo and was afraid that I'd never find any more!
I had thought about getting another barrel made for it in 22 win mag....

regards,
graycg

PS....That low wall is soooooooooooooo sweet!

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the old western scrounger have this navy arms 32 long and short in stock(I believe, it was in 2001)try it under www.ows.com.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you will more, Dixi Gun Works have reloadable brass for 32 short and long. This brass have a 6mm Flobert blank, you say BB Cap, as primer and you must the cartridge rigth placing in the chamber. It will never be a good idea to change the action or the chamber for another cartridge. You load this brass with blackpowder and a .32 roundball, dip it in Lee Liquid Alox and shot. This can be made at the range but in a strong rifle (not in a Handgun)you may test 32 S&W loads. The brass is longer than normal to get the same cartridge length with a roundball.Loading with a press you can use 32S&W die's, for resizing 32 Short Colt, this give you a very fine round. I remember that the brass was 3$ each, send one to rocky mountains cartridge and ask for a price, maybe they make it better.
the best book is Charles Suydam "The American Cartridge" from Dixi Gun Works
What do you shot with Navy Arms ammo at 50 yard's?