Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: CZ 527 American
 Login/Join

posted
I have the 221 527, I have not shot any factory loads, I always load my own. The only load I have shot so far was 50 gr. V-Max IMR. 4198 for break in and some groups, 5 shot groups were never over .80" outside to outside. Before I left for Montana to hunt coyotes I fired two 3 shot groups to check my zero both groups were .50 outside to outside. The 2 coyotes I shot had no exit holes. I have loaded up some 40gr. Noslers an 50 SX Horn. with H-4227 but we just got dumped on again so it will be awhile before I can test these loads. I have 6 other varmit guns and this looks like its going to be my calling gun of joice, Its light, dosnt kick, very accurate. I mounted a Burris 4-12X compact but as soon as I can I'am going to replace it with a Leopold, I can't stand the eyerelief on it. Good Luck Deathray

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am considering purchasing a CZ 527 in 221 Fireball. I know that they come with a single set trigger BUT is the trigger adjustable for weight of pull without the set. What kind of accuracy??
Thanx

Posts: 160 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sako
posted Hide Post
Those rifles i have handled with set triggers are only adjustible for the set!

Regarding the accuracy, read the posts here and see!

Regards Ben

Posts: 290 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The trigger is highly adjustable for weight, creep and overtravel. The set trigger is set at about 12 ounces. I adjusted my trigger to break right at 3 pounds and left the set where it was when I got my rifle. I cannot speak for all CZ 527s. I own a Lux 527 and it puts five shots into a half-inch circle when I do my part. It is not benchrest quality, but then that is not what it was meant for in the first place ... it is a walk-around varmit rifle. My CZ 527 is in .223 Remington. That little .221 Fireball ought to be a screamer! Best o Luck ... Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got a CZ in .223 and the triggers are still adjustable for both set and regular pull.

Posts: 338 | Location: Johnsburg, Illinois | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of lofter
posted Hide Post
I just told my dealer the first .204 Ruger in a 527 varmit he sees is mine!

Posts: 411 | Location: Southeastern Pa | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The trigger has been covered. The accuracy on mine is an inch and a quarter at a 100 yards. This is with factory .221 fireball remington ammo. I imagine it will shoot better when I have time to work up some handloads.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one in 221. I had my dealer special order one for me and when I opened it and saw the test target I was pretty disappointed, about 2". My first few groups with factory ammo were also disappointing, 1 1/2 groups. My Remington Classic 221 regularly shoots under an inch with factory ammo. I almost traded the gun. At the last minute I decided to try some handloads. I'm still working on it, but so far I'm getting 1/2" groups with several loads. I haven't messed with the trigger. Mine breaks at about 1 1/2 lbs when set and very "crisp". The gun has a real quality feel to it especially for the price.

Posts: 54 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 20 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've heard that now about a few different CZs. Factory ammo absolutely sucks through these rifles, but handloads drive tacks. Is this something common to most CZs? I have a 550 Varmint on order, so that is why I ask. Would be nice to have a factory load that shoots fairly well (under 1 MOA)as a backup to my handloads. How many others have experienced this?

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cowboy77845
posted Hide Post
I have a 527 Varmint that shoots GI Ball just under an inch at 100 yds. It will do much better with v-max. Have not tried heavier or lighter bullets yet. Have a 550 FS that shoots GI Ball and cheap Remington Corelokt under an inch. That is about all I use since it does not do as well with premium factory rounds. I do not reload and am well satisfied with this.

Posts: 375 | Location: College Station, Tx | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just adjusted the trigger on my wife's CZ 527 American .223. The instructions are in the owner's manual and it was very easy. I was done in about 10 minutes. We took it out to the range yesterday and with 50 gr Sierra Blitz bullets over 26.5 grs H4895 & Rem 6 1/2 primers, she shot two 5-shot groups of 0.708" and 0.787". Of the two rounds that I chronographed, the velocity readings were 3,204 and 3,218 fps.

Posts: 92 | Location: Tracy, CA | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote