Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELP! Scope choice for CZ527
 Login/Join

posted
Howzit all, I see that some of you shoot the CZ 527. Just picked up one for my son in 7.62x39. I am stumped as to what kind of scope to mount. I tried mounting a Leupold 1.75x6 on Talley rings but the bolt handle got hung up on the eye piece as I tried to cycle the bolt. Called Talley and they said that that it was the only ht availible for the 527. They were very nice and said that they would credit me the amount if the scope didn't fit. I like the mounts so am looking for a new scope. The Leupold's eyepiece dia. is 1.55inch. so need smaller dia. Any suggestion? Mahalo, Maika

Posts: 8 | Location: hawaii | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to say that I found a scope that will fit the rings. Aloha, Maika

Posts: 8 | Location: hawaii | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Leupold compact series has a smaller diameter occular lens and bell. But from your last post, sounds like you might have already discovered that. I am currently looking for a 3-9 Compact to replace a Vari-X II on a particular rifle whose lower comb demands lower mounting. The Vari-X II won't quite clear the bolt handle with the super-low rings, but the Compact will.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem with my CZ 527 but rather than change the scope I got a set of Millet rings (weaver, high). The Millets had enough play to grip the odd size european dovetails and the high mounts allowed the bolt to clear the eyepiece of the scope. Have not had any problems to date with the scope mounts loosening with use.

Posts: 9 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: 19 March 2003Reply With Quote