THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Sako Hunter 75, Tikka T3, Cz American and Weatherby Sub Moa in.223

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako Hunter 75, Tikka T3, Cz American and Weatherby Sub Moa in.223
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The bottom line of what I am starting, may well be, what I have got works better than the others.
Of course, it may.

I am about to purchase a new .223 which I intend keeping for life. Whilst not rich, the cost of a Sako, if warranted will not deter purchasing quality for a one in a life time purchase.

Others may have alternate recommendations.

Please let me have your views.

BTW, I have not started this thread as I am too lazy to do my homework. The Sako Hunter 75 appeals, and in this calibre or really all calibres is not an elitist purchase.

The Weatherby Sub Moa also has factory certified accuracy. However, I absolutely hate the appalling looking stocks they use. OK, straight shooting should be all that matters.

However, I also am seeking pride of ownership, and on that score, the Tikka T3 Master Deluxe or standard wood stock heads the MOAs.

Posts: 65 | Location: Australia- Melbourne | Registered: 04 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Robert, Buy the Sako and you will be glad you did. All M-75's are guaranteed to shoot 5 shot sub inch groups. M-75's are very smooth, have good triggers and will give you something a little nicer than the usual. They are all steel which is rare in these aluminum and plastic days. Every M-75 I've had has been a fine shooter, I hope you get to enjoy one or more too..............DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Foxhunter223
posted Hide Post
Robert,
I also recommend the Sako. I do understand your reasoning as I made the same decision almost 30 years ago and purchased a Sako L461 in 223. I still have it today and it shoots better now than it ever did. Up until about 15 months ago it sported a Pecar 6 power scope that also has never let me down. Buy what your heart dictates and be happy.
Pete

Posts: 241 | Location: Northern NSW Australia | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out the CZ527 they shoot under an inch most off the time under 1/2 moa they have a set trigger but I don't use it I adjusted mine to 1 1/4 lbs and eliminated the set I'm a gunsmith so unless you know how to do triggers have a smith do it.They come with mounts and weigh 6lbs If you check out a couple of them you will find one with exceptional wood.The price is easy on the wallet about 500.

Posts: 94 | Location: Orwell,New York | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of squeeze
posted Hide Post
We can't get Tikka Master series(M695/M595)
any more, due to Beretta's marketing decision,
but before that well went dry, I purchased a
M695, SS/Laminate, in .25-06 Rem. This rifle
is very easy on the eyes, shoots very tight groups,
with most ammo, and is a pleasure to shoot.
If I had this choice, I might opt for a Tikka M595,
in .223 Rem. and put the savings into top end
optics.

I do like the Sako Hunter 75 series, more so
because we can no longer get Tikka M595/695
series. I have a T-3, and it is a nice rifle, but
it isn't a M595/695, which is serious competition
to the Sako, when considering value.

Squeeze

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Posts: 201 | Location: Wis | Registered: 05 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would have to throw in a rem 700 vssf or there new xr 100, you have heaps of nice after market triggers around etc. and those vssf's shoot awsome. I have to heavy barrelled guns that are rem 700's a .243 and .300 RUM and I am really pleased with both, one has a rifle basiz trigger and one has a canjar, I purchased a jewell trigger the other day ïn case I stumble into a rem 700 22/250 "I assume you wanted a heavy barrelled guns so the rems are just worth a look.

The sakos are very ncie and the cz will also shoot with the best of them as well. !!

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Parkin
posted Hide Post
I had the same choices to make and bought the SAKO 75 stainless heavy barrel in 22-250. I dont regret it for one minute! even when i do remember the price.

Posts: 63 | Location: Yorkshire, England | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMO comparing a Sako to a CZ is like comparing a
Volvo to a Yugo....

I have yet to be impressed by the looks or fit and finish of a CZ rifle, I just don't see what people see in them.
Especially since they aren't really that much cheaper than
say... a Remington or a Ruger.

AllanD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Robert: I will also advance the cause of the CZ 527. I find the fit and finish remarkable for the price, what's more, you get an action that is a size of a mini-Mauser. My CZ 527 will put my handloads into a half-inch group with sickening regularity. A buddy of mine owns a Sako, but I have never handled it, or been with him when he shot it. A lot of folks do say the Sako is an exceptional rifle based on their experience with them. I won't comment one way or the other on the Sako. What I will tell you is if I were to buy another .223 Remington, and I had a choice between the CZ 527, a Remington or Winchester, or even Ruger, I'll go with the CZ any day of the week. Just as a simple exercise without havin to go to your local gunshop, or where ever, get on this site, and some of the other forums and do a search on problem with the manufacturers you are looking at. Every time you come to a post about a person who has had a problem, put a check mark beside the name of the manufacturer. At the end of the day, see how many checkmarks are beside each. Take a darn good look at where CZ rests among those checks. It's kind of like comparison shopping and you'll see which manufacturer do good jobs of making rifles, and which ones have issues. Also take a gander at the gun auctions. Do a search of the manufacturers you are looking at and see how many private owners there are getting rid of their rifles. It just kind of makes you wonder. Anyway, good luck with your selection Robert. Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote