New
Find
Notify
Tools

33 gr speer hp in 22 hornet
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone had any experience w/speer 33 gr hp in 22 hornet?

I am shooting a CZ 527. (Great rifle)

trshep

Posts: 55 | Location: kalispell,mt | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
glad to hear somone trying these bullets.cannot get them here in the uk,i am stuck with 35g Vmax as the smallest bullet here in the uk i am not complaining coz they shoot very well out of my 527 american. have you tried any other bullets ??? i use 2400
regards steve

Posts: 69 | Location: great britain | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve

I am currently using 35 v max w/11.0 gr IMR 4227, getting 1/2 inch or less at 100 yds out of my 527 american.

I have not gotten any 33 gr yet to try., but will keep you posted

trshep

Posts: 55 | Location: kalispell,mt | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to make a 26 gr HP bullet for my K Hornet. Shot fine and very deadly. However, you could tell it was slowing down at the longer ranges. Just not enough mass to retain velocity very well. But for 100 - 150 yd bullet this 33 gr should be fine.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
trshep
have you tried any other bullets like the 218bee bullet,have had similar results using this bullet(to keep the C.O.L the same)also trying speer 45g and40g bullets!!
steve

Posts: 69 | Location: great britain | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve:
I shoot the 45 gr rem hp in my 218 but have not tried it in the hornet because I want a little more velocity out of it.

trshep

one of us
posted Hide Post
Trshep: I also use the nifty Hornady 35 gr. V-Max bullet in my 22 Hornet. This bullet solved an accuracy problem that had been plaguing me and my Rifle. My Rifle is a factory stock 26" barreled Ruger #1-B. I have a Leupold 6X18 variable scope on it and now accuracy is tolerable for me. It shoots around .750" for five shots at 100 yards. If you have not tried it as yet then please do. It is also very lethal on Varmints.

Good luck with your CZ!

Hold into the wind

VarmintGuy

PS: Trshep I did not read your followup post until after I responded above.

I think you will be happy with the 35 gr. V-Max on Varmints like I said before. I have used them 2 years now. What are you trying to accomplish with the 2 grain smaller bullet? More speed? More lethality? I would be real happy with 1/2" groups!

Good luck.

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Varmintguy:
2 grs less isn't going to change velocity enough to talk about, besides, why do we need an excuse to try different bullets?

And I like hollow points!

trshep