New
Find
Notify
Tools

120g 6.5mm Interbond
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Rumor has it that Hornady will release a 120g Interbond. That should be a great bullet for the 260 and the Swede. I prefer this weight over the 130g Accubond that Nosler has announced. At the velocity these cartridges drive a 130g bullet, why do you need a bonded bullet?

Posts: 174 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
<9.3x62>
posted
Agreed, a 120 IB would be just the ticket. It would also fill an obvious gap in Hornady's 6.5mm lineup...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Now if someone will just publish Hodgdon recipes that take the Swede to pressures of 58,000 - 60,000 (without me having to guess), I'll be a happy guy.

I still haven't seen Hornady's announcement myself, however...

Jaywalker

Posts: 1006 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I called Hornady just now and spoke to Bob, who checked with some other folks in the office. No one made an announcement about a 120g Interbond.

They'd apparently been talking about it, however, and the concensus was that since they like to use the same dies as for the 129g Interlock and SST, it would likely be a 129g. I suggested to them that they should consider 120g instead, since most of us .264 users are .260 Rem and 6.5x55 shooters who would be able to get much out of one that heavy.

Jaywalker

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywalker:
....... They'd apparently been talking about it, however, and the concensus was that since they like to use the same dies as for the 129g Interlock and SST, it would likely be a 129g.
Jaywalker

Not sure how they would use the "same dies as for the 129g Interlock and SST" since these two bullets are not shaped alike.

Posts: 174 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't know either. I'm just repeating what I think he said...

Jaywalker