THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Remington M700 trigger adjustment - new style?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington M700 trigger adjustment - new style?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just got a Remington M700 SPS Tactical in .223 in the "X-mark Pro" trigger. It's heavy - over 5 lbs. This has only one screw, as opposed to three like the old ones. Any advice on adjusting it? How low of a pull weight can I get with it? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 68 | Location: Dayton, OH USA | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the same gun, shoots great! that trigger sucks big time, I hade my smith work on it and the lowest I could was 2 3/4, And thats not to bad but.... If he went any lower,the hammer was droping with bumping the but stock. I'm thinking about dropping another trigger in it!.... good luck!

Posts: 155 | Location: mississippi | Registered: 24 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe any of the old style triggers will fit it as well, but if you are going to replace it, just get a good one.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just replace with a Shilen or Timney.
Lyle

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry M Goldwater.

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The new triggers have the same 3 screws, for adjustment, that the old style had. Rear screw is sear engagement, front bottom is pull weight and front top is overtravel. The sear engagement screw is sealed with epoxy. A little Acetone or, heat will loosen it up for adjustment.

Posts: 868 | Location: maryland | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote