THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Anyone know where to get RWS CB caps?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know where to get RWS CB caps?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking for RWS CB caps,the little ones with the Acorn on the head.The few places that carry them around here want $15-$20 per 100 for them (!).I bought a couple tins of them at a gunshow for $6,and would like to know if anyone out there knows where I can get them at a reasonable price.They are marked "6mm" and "CB",and come in a little plastic container simmilar to what pellets come in.

I have shot these out of my Anschutz 64 Match at 30 yards with a 9x scope,and they will put five at that distance into a group that a quarter will cover.Recoil is nill out of this heavy rifle,and they are very quiet.Watching starlings get hammered through the scope on 9x is VERY fun!

------------------
I'm out to wrong rights,depress the opressed,and generaly make an ass of myself!

Posts: 529 | Location: Humboldt County,CA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The ammo is called (and marketed as) "6mm Flobert". The CB moniker is also printed on the brick red plastic pillbox, but actually it is misleading because US-made CB ammo has different cases and different bullets of .22 short/long type (29 grains).

The 6mm Flobert is loaded with round balls or conical bullets. Such cartridges are also made by Sellier & Bellot and Hirtenberger. They are awfully expensive and the thin copper case expands badly.

Firing them from a machine rest at 50 metres from a Suhl M 150 match rifle here showed the expectably desastrous result: a nice wide buckshot pattern of 5.25 x 4.5 inches. The same gun from the same rest shoots 0.25 x 0.35 inch groups (fives shots) with Russian Extra Vostok and about 0.15 to 0.25 with German SK 50.

Regards,
Carcano

[This message has been edited by carcano91 (edited 02-07-2002).]

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might try www.22ammo.com
or www.outlandsales.com
muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote