Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 527 Questions
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted
Our (I picked it out, my wife adopted it) new CZ 527 Carbine in .223 is the neatest little rifle I've seen in quite a while. The only scope I had handy was a Leupold 2.5x and it's a sweet match for the rifle's size but a bit light on X's for the rifle's abillity. This thing want's to shoot 1/2" groups all day long! Big Grin But it needs a few things and to prevent reinventing the wheel...

1) Does anybody know if anyone manufactures either QD rings for the 527 or a way to convert the present rings? Those iron sights are too neat to cover up. Cool

2) Will the 527 shoot the 62gr Barnes TSX with it's 1 in 12" twist? So far it's done pretty well with the 69gr SMK but I figure they're different animals and deer hunting is in this little fellow's future. Confused

3) Where can I get a shorter front sight since CZ has put routed me to the @#$%ing computer voice everytime I've tried to call the parts department? Mad

Thanks in advance
beer

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know of any aftermarket QD rings for CZ 527's unfirtunately. Maybe someone who knows will answer your question.
I only shoot light weight bullets in my 527 in 223, so no help there either. Mine shoots like yours, very well.
Mine is the American model, so no front sight.
I have a 527 American in 222 Rem also, and a good shooter.
I just live with the rings that come with the rifle.

Don

One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
Check out Warne for the QD rings. They certainly used to make QD rings for the CZ550, so they might be available for the 527.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
rick

i have warne QD rings on my 527 carbine(7.62x39)
i'll post some pics here when i get home tonight. i can't help with your other questions but i would like to know where to get an aftermarket front sight post for a cz rifle. my 550 lux in 9.3x62 needs a shorter one.

blaming guns for crime is like blaming silverware for rosie o'donnell being fat

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brytstar
posted Hide Post
Talley may have them, check out the site below.

http://www.talleyrings.com

In politics as in theology! "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, But the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Posts: 200 | Location: Western Maryland | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Update!
I called the CZ again and left another message which was quickly returned by someone in the parts department. He said I needed to talk to the Gunsmith and then transferred me to.

A machine Mad Mad Mad

I'm awaiting a call....

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
I have the same rifle, after floating the barrel, last time out at the range I put 5 50grn vmax reman black hills stuff into the mid .6's I would just stick to a lower powered scope and don't worry about the irons, I don't have any trouble shooting close in stuff with my scope set to 3x

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
CC,
The sights on this rifle mimic the sights on another fix sighted rifle I own so I was hoping to use low cost .223 bullets for practice.

one of us
posted Hide Post
here's a few pics of the warne QD rings

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
cummins cowboy...

i agree that the open sights probably aren't needed with a low powered scope. (mine is a 2x7)
however, i chose the QD rings because, in keeping with the finest of african traditions, i may need to remove the scope and wade into the long grass to put in a finisher on a wounded and charging cottontail rabbit, rattlesnake or bullfrog Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
budiceale,

Thanks for the pix, where id you get the Warnes? I've used the same type on my 9,3x62 Mauser for years and they're great rings.

Looks like you stripped the CZ finish off and let your walnut show. thumb

BTW, I'm still waiting for the CZ gunsmith to call me back...

one of us
posted Hide Post
rick

sorry for the delay getting back to you. i got this set of rings from a friend of mine. i don't know who carrys them but if you contact the warne people(www.warnescopemounts.com i think) they can put you on some. i really like these rings.

yes, i refinished this stock. i also opened the grip, slimmed down the forearm and got rid of the checkering. i feels a lot better now.

i am also having trouble with czusa. i'm trying to get a replacement firing pin spring and have left several messages but no call back.

good luck with your rifle

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
After 8 or 10 messages and sending two emails, Kevin from CZ finally called me back, consulted with a "gunsmith" and took my order for a size 9 front sight.

Ten to twelve business days for delivery then I'll be ready for those dreaded times when a wounded groundhog hides in the long grass... Big Grin