THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Early Report on blue Dot in a 223, Vol II

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Early Report on blue Dot in a 223, Vol II
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Sorry but that last version by Stronics, was getting so long, it was becoming hard to wade thru,

So just starting a new chapter to the old topic. LoL

Seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I liked the old thread better.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Major C,

Not a new thread, just a newer chapter,

but it looks like it has ran its course tho, so this is just in vain.

cheers & good shooting
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seafire,

Not necessarily run it's course.

I was out today with a couple of my grandson's with the .22 Hornet. That means I didn't have time to do anything with the .223! I was going to let one of my grandaughters shoot the .223 with Blue Dot loads, but her and the family went 4 wheeler riding instead. The recoil on both guns is suitable for teaching children how to shoot something besides a .22 LR.

Posts: 151 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul,

I have a 223 featherweight Winchester that I love to load it to 22 LR specs and 22 Hornet specs., even 22 Mag specs.

I do that with Blue Dot also. It is accurate and enjoyable to carry. Plus it looks good too, LoL.

Imagine if Winchester made the featherweight in those chamberings. I bet they would sell.

However with a 223 and a load bench, I already have all three, in one rifle.

Cheers and Good shooting
seafire

one of us
posted Hide Post
Seafire,

Here is a comparison between a normal load and 12.0 gr of Blue Dot. The normal load may be a misnomer, since it really is a "mystery" load a friend gave me. All I really know is it was a 55 gr FMJ bullet. I used the Rem 55 gr PSP bullets this time in some Chinese brass to produce a 1 1/4" group at 100 yards.

I found this at sixgunner.com in an article by Paco Kelly.

Quote:

One of the areas folks rarely test, is rifle rounds with Blue Dot...I am doing a test project now on that very subject and will do an article on it in the future. But so far it is very promising, I like it better than Unique in reduced loads in bottle neck cases. And a powder has to be exceptional for me to rate it above Unique. Blue Dot is of course much slower than Unique.

Posts: 151 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 November 2003Reply With Quote