THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Why No Savage 112 BVSS Long Action?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why No Savage 112 BVSS Long Action?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DannoBoone
posted
Does anyone know why Savage no longer makes their long
action in their BVSS line?

For years I wanted the .25-06 112BVSS but could not afford
one. Should have found a way to import one to Iowa from
Cabela's last year. If memory serves correctly, they were
selling the long actions for $549. Now that I could afford one,
I find that they discontinued them. One source tells me that
they will no longer make any in short actions, other than
.223 and .22-250.

What's the deal.........apparently not enough demand??

Our independence is dying.

Posts: 565 | Location: Walker, IA, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If savage is pulling a model off the line, its likely because it didn't sell very well. However, the interet is your friend! Search Gunbroker and Gunsamerica, among other sites, and given enough time and searching you'll probably find what you want.

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A dear friend of mine is complaining about the same thing. He has cornerned the market with single shot long actions that he has paid $500.00 to $549.00 for. I've seen his Savages shoot and they are TERRIFIC! These actions are not cataloged by Savage. No doubt, economic reasons....not enough sales because not enough gun nuts.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
I have a 116 that I am making into a duplicate of that model...

I have a 12 BVSS..

I have a stock on order from Boyd's....but forest camo laminate...

Also have a few barrels I have picked up as take offs and also have a couple of barrels on order...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 112 BVSS' sold very well until Savage released the the target action rifles. I had a BVSS in 300 Win Mag for awhile but it was too heavy to carry for a hunt and not as suitable to shooting prairie poodles with. Yes, it does work for that but not the optimum choice.

IF you have a BVSS witht he original Fajen stock, please take a look at the wood at the rear of the mag well. They are known to crack here, even in the smaller varmint calibers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The internet is your friend. If you really want a BVSS you can build your own. Buy a Savage long action (ER Shaw also sells them), Boyd's stock, and your choice of barrel. Shilen sells excellent drop in barrel.

I have one in 7 rem mag since 1990. It is to heavy to carry around but from a box blind it is perfect. Other than adjusting the trigger mine is bone stock and shoots better than some of my custom. I'm talking sub inch groups at 300 yards with several brands of factory ammo. (It doesn't like 150 grains bullets for some reason)

I want one in a short action.

Posts: 167 | Location: Eastern Shore of MD | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote