New
Find
Notify
Tools

.17 HM2
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I read in predator extreme where Ruger has or is working on a 10/17 HM2. I have an a 10/22 that I hunt babbits and tree rat with. But I also have a K10/22T that I bought to take to S.D. Last year. I am considering selling the Later of the two due to not shooting out there but about 40-60 times, and having a full line of Varmit rifles. After having the investment in it I'm not sure I wanna sell it, actually I really don't like to sell any guns at all. But will if I can't get anymore use out of it.

My question is on the new HM2, what would be the mods. to convert my K10/22T to the HM2. Would it be barrel and magazine or more than that. They talked like it would use .22LR cases on the HM2 and the same reciever. Does anyone know anything about this?

All suggestions and advice would be very much appriciated...

DuB

Posts: 52 | Location: North Central, MO | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pull off the barrel, put on the new one! Everything is same-same .22long rifle.
Wether or not it'll cycle autos is a question I have, but they say it will. As soon as Green Mountain comes out with a 10-22 barrel I'm an owner. I have an older 10-22 in a safe that hasn't been shot in 10 years since I Clarked up a 10-22 and 77-22, time for it to start earning it's keep.
Eley is also making ammo for it and that should mean extreme accuracy. Gonna be a lot of fun.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just buy Agulia Super Maximum .22 ammo, they have the 30gr hp at 1750fps, with 204ftlbs of muzzle energy. No conversion cost for the gun, the ammo is cheaper, and more powerfull.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm Still gonna get the HM2 barrel, I read up on it at rimfirecentral.com Suppose to be one bad Jesse..

As for the Agulia ammo I would like to have some of that in the meantime. Where can I get it? That might beef it up a little. Actually that would beef it up alot. If you point me in the right direction I would be much ablidged.....

Thanks,

DuB

Posts: 52 | Location: North Central, MO | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Perforator
posted Hide Post
This is one of the rare times when I think I'll resist just jumping in on a new caliber. When I first read about the Mach2 I thought I would get one when it became available but now I'm not so sure. You can take a .22 and shoot 500rds and not clean the barrel during all that shooting, but you know its just not feasable to think you can run that many rounds of .17 without stopping to service the rifle. To me that is part of the neat thing about the old .22lr. If I need to bump up a notch then my Hornet will suffice. I don't really have much experience with the .17cal but the little I have seen wasn't impressive.

I observed a skunk shot through the chest broadside with a .17 Ackley Improved Hornet and his immediate charge had to quelled with a quick head shot from my little browning auto .22lr. Nutria Rats are almost to much for the Ackley .17 to plant with one shot so what's the point.Two of my buddies will get one when they come out so we'll see how good it is, but come on, how many calibers have to be invented or reinvented to keep the industry rolling? The way I see it, most of the shooters out there would do themselves the biggest favor and get into reloading and forego use of any of the .17cals because they are a pain to load because they are so small.

The article I read in the Rifleman said Hornady estamates that sales in ammo could run very high and profitable and I wish them luck, just not with my buck.

Posts: 399 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote